Vintage 1939 Gibson L 5 Acoustic archtop guitar
This is one beautiful guitar. It is a Vintage Large Body 1950's Silvertone in a Honey Natural Finish.
It is an Archtop and Archback Guitar.
The guitar has very little marks on it and plays wonderfully. The neck is straight.
There has been some upgrades which include the Gotoh Bridge, Schaller Tuners, Knobs and Pickup Rings.
The pickups were changed and the holes were enlarged. It was put back together with the original pickups that were with it.
It is a large cutaway body measuring appx 17 inches at the wides point.
The neck is a beautiful piece of flamed birdseye maple and the frets have little wear.
There are no issues with this guitar.
We have sold Silvertone, Espanadas, Kays, Harmony and similar guitars for various prices but we can assure all that none of them played as well or were of the quality construction as this one, it was checked out and tested by a few good guitar players in the jazz world.
Look closely at the photos, it should give you a good idea of the quality of wood used.
Any bidders from Italy must email prior to bidding due to past records.
797 total views, 2 so far today
Popular Ads Today
- Fender Squier Squire Vintage Mod Srs Jazzmaster Guitar (33 views)
- Vintage_1917_gibson_l1_archtop_acoustic_guitar (28 views)
- Silvertone L1687 N-2 Vintage Acoustic Guitar (american Vintage) (19 views)
- Vintage 1974 Gibson J-40 Acoustic Guitar (9 views)
- Gibson Vintage J-45 Deluxe Acoustic Guitar (8 views)
- Vintage 1948 Gibson Sj Southern Jumbo Acoustic Guitar (7 views)
- 1981 Vintage Martin Hd-28 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar (7 views)
- 1942 Ss Stewart /harmony / Silvertone / Vintage Acoustic Archtop Guitar (7 views)
- Vintage D'angelico Style A - 30's 40's Gibson/strongberg Style Guitar (7 views)
- Gibson Sj-200 Quilt Maple Rare Custom Shop Acoustic / Elec Guitar Vintage Style (7 views)