Gibson J 55 1973 Ist Edition Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar OHSC Vintage Country NR
I buy and sell lots of guitars and play the very best Martin's, Gibson's and Fender's-I will tell you all that I can about my guitars as I want you to be completely satisfied. If I didn't cover it, email me a question. I ship FEDEX only unless absolutely necessary to do otherwise.
This Gibon L-0 from about 1927-1928 is what keeps us guitar hunters looking. Below is my description and Gruhn Guitars, Nashville appraisal (appraised at $3500).However, I have since concluded the truss rod may not be holding-repair could be $300-$500. That's why I have reduced the price. SHIPPING IS FREE
May 13, 2010
I have examined the attached photos of the instrument described below, but have not seen the instrument itself. Below is my estimate, based on these photos, of the instrument’s value; however, it is not possible to judge from photos alone the exact state of originality and need of repair, so my appraisal is only accurate insofar as the photos are representative of the actual condition of the instrument.
The guitar described below is, in our opinion, a Gibson model L-0 made circa 1927- 28.
Description: We have been provided the following description: “Serial/block number 9009, very good condition, original finish, professionally repaired crack on top side. Some pick wear pick guard area. Straight neck, good playable action, pyramid bridge. All original-No repairs needed. Original case.” This instrument shows normal playing wear, but appears to be in very good original condition. It conforms to the typical specifications of the model for the period in which it was made, with 13 ½-inch wide body, mahogany top, back, sides, and neck, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, dot inlays at positions 5, 7, and 9, silver silkscreen "The Gibson" peghead logo, adjustable truss rod in the neck, and white binding on the top and back edges of the body. At the time this guitar was made, the L-0 was Gibson's least expensive model guitar; however, it was made to high standards of quality.
Current market value: $3500 (three thousand five hundred dollars).
1763 total views, 1 so far today
Popular Ads Today
- Vintage_1917_gibson_l1_archtop_acoustic_guitar (62 views)
- Fender Squier Squire Vintage Mod Srs Jazzmaster Guitar (46 views)
- Vintage Martin Sigma Classical Guitar Cr-7 Mij Japan (46 views)
- Vintage Yamaha Fg-300 Acoustic Guitar Red Label Gakki (37 views)
- Vintage Yamaha Fg-200 Nippon Gakki Japan Mij Fg200 (29 views)
- Vintage Rare Penco A-16 Acoustic 6-string Guitar W/ Case, 1970's Ibanez Factory (29 views)
- Vtg Takamine F-360 Acoustic Guitar Martin D28 Lawsuit (21 views)
- Rare Vintage Acoustic Yamaha L5a 6-string Guitar Mint (19 views)
- Hofner '50s Vintage Acoustic Archtop Martin Strings Gibson Pick (18 views)
- Vintage 1915 Gibson L-4 Archtop Acoustic Guitar W/ Case (16 views)